Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Everglades and Keys

On our last couple weeks in Florida we stayed in the Fort Myers area, from there we took a day trip through the everglades and down about half way into the Keys. We stopped somewhere in the everglades to give Nora a chance to stretch her legs and have a rest from the car. We ended up at this great little museum with some displays about the local animals and how to identifying them.

Outside was an alligator viewing area along the river, we must have seen at least 10 alligators swimming or sunning themselves. Some of them were quite large.

Our first stop along the keys was this little park called Harry Harris. It had a really nice playground and swings.

This ( above ) is Anne's beach and it became a definite highlight of the trip. It was just a tiny beach of coral that we had all to ourselves. I was very glad I had extra clothes in the car for Nora; she was soaked from head to toe by the time we left.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, we're planning on hitting that area shortly before heading out to TX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am working on a new website about Rving. If you would like your website link on mine just let me know. Blogs are welcome too! I am also looking for people to write articles on fulltime rving, rving with kids, must haves in the kitchen, roadschooling, favorite places to visit, and the list goes on. I can't... pay for the articles but I will give you credit and link to your website/blog. rvingwiththefamily @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of Nora and Chris in the water! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, thanks. :)

    Penny, I'll check out the site.

    ReplyDelete