Sunday, February 28, 2010

Being at home


Some days are just so beautifully average.

The modern nomadic life suites my conflicted and contradictory personality so well I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully commit to a life lived in one place again. I have a real need to see the land that surrounds me, the places I feel well beyond me, and I love being taken from any known element and seeing a world of wonder laid sprawling before me. I love returning to places I've know and seeing them with new eyes.

Then there are the days when I feel that mild agoraphobic need to stay hidden, and not go anywhere. How lucky am I to have both the safety (however imagined) of my little house on wheels and the freedom to move that satisfies the courage and creativity of my spirit.

Today Nora and I spent some time outside painting.



Here is a funny little painting I did of Nora.

3 comments:

  1. I love how serious her expression is while painting. She is one cool kid. =)
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... I just found this link on your Facebook page. I'm so happy that you're doing a blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristine, I'm glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete